Scientific explanation of color healing
• Light, sound, heat, magnetism, color, and electrical energies are all different forms of one source of energy and they differ in manifestation only in the rate of vibration.
• Visual light and color have a measurable vibration or energy. Just like x-rays, radio waves and TV waves.
• Each color of the rainbow has its own vibration rate.
• The vibration or energy of the colors flows though the body, each affecting one of the seven nerve centers or Chakras which correspond directly to the body's endocrine glands and cause the glands to secrete hormones. These hormones then affect our different states of bodily functions, consciousness and personality.
• Each color passing through the different Chakras has definite qualities and attributes.
• Disease is nothing more than a disharmony of vibration or energy in one's being that brings on an imbalance in a glandular function or in the functioning of the mind.
• Meditation, positive affirmation and Color therapy can help change the vibration and reprogram the subconscious and conscious minds to re-establish balance in the body, mind and spirit.
How to use color therapy
• Color Chakra charging - Visualize the clear color permeating the entire chakra area spinning clockwise - facing from the outside of the body, (red for root or first chakra, orange for sexual or second chakra, yellow for solar plexus or third chakra, green for heart or fourth chakra, blue for throat or fifth chakra, indigo for third eye or sixth chakra, white for crown or seventh chakra, and gold for the spiritual or eighth chakra about 18" above the head). As the light spins imagine it throwing out all imbalance and impurities. Then expand the color to engulf the entire body and note how that particular color feels. Continue with each chakra until color is clear and pure before moving up to the next chakra. Start with the root chakra and progress to the spiritual chakra. The last chakra should turn into a fountain of pure gold sparkles flowing over the entire body and expanding outward.
• Meditation and visualization - in a calm, meditative state visualize the color indicated flooding the imbalanced area before and during the meditation.
• Color Breathing - Imagine and breathe white light through the top of the head - 2 minutes. Then red, yellow or orange as being drawn up from the earth through the soles of the feet - 2 minutes or blue, violet or indigo as coming down from the atmosphere - 3-4 minutes, green through the navel - 2 minutes. Finish with white light - 2 minutes.
• Lights - Use 100 watt colored bulbs (do not use ultra-violet bulb) or colored filter paper over white bulb. Red, orange or yellow - 3-10 minutes. Blue, indigo or violet - 15-30 minutes. Once or twice a day, directed on bare skin - cover all other parts. When in doubt, under expose.
• Solarized Water Directly expose water to sun in appropriate colored glass or cover clear glass with colored filter paper. Place ice cube in glass - when the ice cube has melted upon exposure to the sun, the water is charged. The longer the water remains exposed - the stronger is its potency. Water should be sipped.
• Diet - Increase intake of the foods indicated by the color if dis-ease.
• Gems - Gems may be worn or applied locally or may be placed in water, alcohol or oil for 7 days. Remove gem. mix 1 drop of the fluid with water or milk and drink.
• Clothes or Cloth - Wear or apply directly to imbalanced area.
• Decor - Room can be painted or accessorized with required color.
• The Rainbow is the Universal Symbol of Love. Just looking at a Rainbow gives one an inner sense of comfort and love.
• Psychology and medical processionals are re-discovering the fact that love of self and others has amazing healing qualities for the body, mind and spirit.
• When the exact cause of the disease is unknown, it is believed that by visualizing and breathing the Rainbow on the imbalanced area, the body will instinctively pull from it the vibration or energy it needs for the healing.
• Because everyone is vibrating at a different rate, it may be advisable to visualize the Rainbow and allow the body to make the correct choice of color.
Root, Coccygeal, Reproductive organs Chakra
Characteristics: Stimulating, warming, alkaline, Yang, magnetic, non-electric, negative.
Qualities: Strength, power, life, vitality, self-knowledge, introspection.
Complimentary Color: Blue
Musical Note: Middle C
Emotional Dis-ease: Selfishness. hatred. anger, greed, cruelly, bully nature, over impulsiveness, depression, fear.
Physical Dis-ease: Stomach gas, constipation, tumors, boils, pimples, poor appetite, chills, anemia, bronchial asthma, bronchitis, colds, tuberculosis, eye trouble, heart disease, fevers, pneumonia, bladder, circulation, hemorrhoids, reproductive organs.
Foods: Red-skinned fruits and vegetables, cherries, red currants, red plums, strawberries, radishes, red cabbage, beets, red peppers, tomatoes, watercress, watermelon, meat.
Spleen, Sacral, Bladder, Pancreas Chakra
Characteristics: Stimulating, warming, alkaline, Yang, magnetic, non-electric, positive.
Qualities: Optimism, self-confidence, enthusiasm, courage, self-discipline, prosperity.
Complimentary Color: Violet
Musical Note: D
Emotional Dis-ease: Insensitive to others, suspicion, insecurity, lack of trust, condemnation of faults of others, cruel, racial prejudice, selfish pride, power-seeking, manipulative of others, tendency to cling to past
Physical Dis-ease: Anemia, skin trouble, circulatory problems, respiratory stimulant, removes cramps, muscle spasms, induces vomiting, relieves gas, development of bones, physical energy, increases pulse rate, asthma, bronchitis, colds, epilepsy, tumors, rheumatism, emphysema, gall bladder, kidney, pancreas
Foods: Most orange skinned fruits and vegetables, peaches, tangerines, cantaloupe, mangos, persimmons, apricots, oranges, pumpkins, carrots
Navel, Solar Plexus, Lumbar, Liver, Stomach Chakra
Characteristics: Stimulating, warming, alkaline, Yang, magnetic, non-electric, negative
Qualities: Joy, mental power, happiness, intellectual, gaiety
Complimentary Color: Purple/Violet
Musical Note: E
Emotional Dis-ease: Fearful, shame, anger, jealousy, ignorance, desire, worldliness, despondency, despair, mentally and verbally aggressive, critical, egotistical, depression.
Physical Dis-ease: indigestion, constipation, diabetes, eczema, bile, pancreas, energizes muscles, nerve builder, mental and nervous exhaustion and depression, liver trouble, purifies blood stream, kidney, piles, rheumatism, bones, spine, stomach, spleen.
Foods: golden corn, yellow peppers, yams, parsnips, banana squash, lemons, bananas, pineapples, marrow, grapefruit, honeydew melon, most yellow-skinned fruits and vegetables.
Heart, Dorsal, Thymus Chakra
Characteristics: Calming, neutral, cooling, soothing, positive.
Qualities: Love, balance, harmony, peace, brotherhood, hope, growth, healing, prosperity
Complimentary Color: Magenta
Musical Note: F
Emotional Dis-ease: Regret, overcome limiting attachments, overcome indecision, discouragement, hypocrisy, infirmities, egotism, covetousness, lustfulness, selfishness, envy, jealousy, superstition
Physical Dis-ease: Asthma, back disorders, colic, tuberculosis, muscle and tissue builder, aphrodisiac, disinfectant, induces calmness, sedative, exhaustion, hay fever, heart conditions, high blood pressure, laryngitis, venereal disease, ulcers, sleeplessness
Foods: Most green fruits and vegetables and leafy greens
Throat, Cervical, Thyroid Chakra
Characteristics: Calming, cooling, soothing, Yin, acidic, nonmagnetic, electric
Qualities: Inspiration, creativity, spiritual understanding, faith, devotion, tranquility, peaceful
Complimentary Color: Red
Musical Note: G
Emotional Dis-ease: Reactive, aggressive, violent, restlessness, rigid, conservative, slowness to respond, resistance to change, difficulty communicating feelings, authoritarian, self-satisfying, self-righteous, oriented to past, fearful, timid
Physical Dis-ease: Ulcers, vomiting, worrying, fever, inflammations, itching, stings, burns, cuts, bruises, over excitement, irritation, introversion, underweight, baldness, cataracts, colic, diarrhea, epilepsy, insomnia, laryngitis, painful menstruation, headache, throat problems, colds, allergies, sore throat, skin, thyroid, toothache
Foods: Blue skinned fruits, blueberries, bilberries, plumbs, potatoes, asparagus, fish, veal
Brow, Frontal, Third eye, Thalamus, Pituitary Chakra
Characteristics: Calming, cooling, soothing, Yin , acidic, nonmagnetic, electric, positive
Qualities: Spiritual perception, intuition, wisdom, joy, light
Complimentary Color: Yellow
Musical Note: A
System: Autonomic Nervous
Emotional Dis-ease: Preoccupation of sensations, materialism, forgetfulness, inefficient, spaced out, preoccupation with future, introverted, undisciplined, lost in imagination, negative self-image
Physical Dis-ease: Mental disorders, parathyroid stimulant, thyroid depressant, arrests discharges, helps to reduce or stop excessive bleeding, purifies blood stream, anaesthetic, over activity and excitement, eyes, nose, ear ailments, appendicitis, asthma, bronchitis, convulsions, lung trouble, pneumonia
Foods: Use both blue and violet foods
Crown, Louts Pineal Chakra
Characteristics: Calming, cooling, soothing, Yin, acidic, non-magnetic, electric, neutral
Qualities: Divine realization, humility, creative imagination, opens soul to the light
Complimentary Color: Yellow
Musical Note: B
System: Brain Synchronization
Emotional Dis-ease: Preoccupation with sensations, materialism, forgetfulness, inefficient, spaced out, preoccupation with future, introverted, undisciplined, lost in imagination, negative self-image
Physical Dis-ease: Bladder trouble, concussion, cramps, promotes white blood cells, purifies blood, bone growth, calms insane, epilepsy, kidney, rheumatism, sciatica, skin problems, tumors, nervous disorders, scalp diseases
Foods: blackberries, purple grapes, beet tops, purple broccoli, eggplant.
Seven Mansions of Color
- Alex Jones
- Dr. Reuben Amber
- C. W. Leadbeater
- Bernard Gunther
The Rainbow Man (for children)
- Richard Gerber